Thursday, January 19, 2012

A bad idea...

  So with it being a new year and all, Tex got on this health kick. He has been drinking ONLY water for the past few weeks and has told me how much better he has felt. How lighter he feels, how he’s no longer bloated,
how he doesn’t have anymore headaches and so on and on. So after much persuasion to give up my beloved sweet tea and mountain dew, I decided I would give it a try.
                I started last  Monday. Its easier for me to start something when I’m at work and on my normal routine, rather than on a weekend when who knows what is going on. Anyways, so I started on  Monday. The first couple
days were rough. Not gonna lie. For one, I hate water. Its just plain and tasteless. I had the worst headaches and came really close to scratching out my own eyes. I even was starting to plan revenge on Tex for suggesting such
a stupid idea. I REALLY wanted a Mountain Dew! I barley drank one bottle of water. But, I got through the days. By the third day, I was filling up my water bottle 2-3 times. I was really thirsty and I actually started enjoying the water.

I did learn a few things during this little experiment though.
1. I found that adding lemon works wonders. I also found a few recipes on PINTREST that included putting cucumbers, strawberries, and fresh mint into your water. Its delish!    
2. I DID IT! That right there made me proud of myself!
3. After I made it through the first couple days, it got really easy for me.

                I don’t plan on just drinking water forever, although I am going to cut out the pop. And for those of you wondering, I did apologize to Tex for being so cranky the first few days. He forgave me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment